Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seizures or Heart Issues?

Drew has been having small episodes where he "faints". He turns very pale, becomes tired and for lack of a better medical word, passes out.
He had 2 episodes last week and now another one this morning. We called Dr. Orie and got him in right away to be seen. He had an EKG, and echo. Both came back fine. Right now it does not look like it is heart related but my gut feeling tells me it is.
He had an EEG yesterday because of the other episodes. I have tried to get a hold of Neurology and of course they are not quick to call you back or even give you guidance about what could be going on. Our wonderful pediatrician, Dr. Kanaley has tried to expedite the process by getting in touch and letting the Neuro Doctors know what the latest development has been. I hope we get answers soon. 3 maybe more episodes and no one but Dr. Kanaley and us seem to think this is a big problem.
I may have to call Strong hospital's Pediatric Neuro department and get a second opinion. I need to feel confident that we are going to get to the bottom of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment