Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Drew

Today is Drew's birthday. He should be 4 years old. He should be bouncing around the house getting ready for his awesome Toy Story birthday party. This is just the beginning of the things Drew will not get to do and milestones we will not get to celebrate with him.
Four years ago today we went to the hospital for a planned c-section. We had anticipation, happiness, and fear of the unknown. When we saw him we couldn't believe how amazing and so healthy looking he was. You would have never known how sick he was and how underneath all of his perfect little features was a heart that was defective. He had blond peach fuzz for hair, big cheeks with Brian's dimple, and a large personality from the start!
He was our little fighter, and oh how he fought.
Today we are going to go to the cemetery and bring him a special Toy Story wreath, his brother Will colored an Easter egg green for him, and if we can we will sing happy birthday to him.
To our baby boy in heaven, We love you and we miss you. Happy Birthday Drew.
Love mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is April, and I know I do not know you but I fell upon this site thanks to a link from a friend on facebook. I myself am a congenital cardiac patient that is now in my 30s. My heart breaks for all of those things you didnt get to experience with your son. I am truly sorry, my prayers are with you. If you ever need to talk please send me an email.
    April_Theriault@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete