Friday, August 26, 2011

9 Months in Heaven

Today is 9 months in heaven for Drew. We are having his first memorial golf tournament to benefit the foundation we created in his honor and memory. Last weekend our Friend Brian, ran 50 miles in honor of Drew and raised money for the foundation too. We have been blessed by the support of friends, family and strangers. We have been able to purchase 2 AED's so far and God willing we have not had to put together any grief baskets for other parents in the area. Drew's memory will live on through us giving back to others.
It has been 9 months and it seems like he has been gone an eternity. He should have been starting his 4 year old preschool class in September. He loved school and I'm sure he would have loved going for a full day. It was hard school shopping this summer. Only buying William outfits, sneakers, and a new backpack. I felt like something was missing each time I bought something for Will and I was right, it was not being able to buy anything for Drew. The feeling that I feel most of the time is that a physical part of myself is missing. I'm trying to live without something just as an amputee is learning to live again without a limb. Probably not the best analogy but it is what I feel. I'm learning to live without a major part of myself, my world, my baby.
Missing you forever Drew,
Mommy

1 comment: